Do you live in the Sea to Sky Corridor, love the outdoors, and want to try your hand at writing?
The Outdoor Endurance & Survival Writing Contest is now open for entry to anyone living in the Sea to Sky region between Lions Bay and Lillooet.
1. Entrants may submit writing in any of the following literary genres – poetry, creative non-fiction, fiction and spoken word.
2. Writing entries must be a maximum of 500 words or less.
3. The theme is Outdoor Endurance & Survival. You may wish to write about endurance OR survival (or both), but the story must take place outside!
4. The contest will have three categories: Open, Indigenous, and Youth (up to 18 years). Please select one category for your entry. Writers may submit multiple entries.
5. One writer will be chosen from each category to read their winning entry at the Outdoor Endurance & Survival Reading Event, Friday April 13th at 7pm the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre in Whistler. Winners will receive a $100 cash prize and two tickets to the event for guests. The winning entries will be published in the inaugural edition of the Sea to Sky Review at www.seatoskyreview.ca. The reading event will also feature readings by guest authors that will be announced soon.
How to Enter
Submit your entry here by deadline midnight March 29,2017. There is no entry fee.