New for 2017! Following up on the success of the first Whistler Independent Book Awards, we’re launching a special manuscript competition for Canadian writers. The competition to find the best original, unpublished manuscript is now open. Enter to have your book published and launched at the 2017 Whistler Writers Festival.
THE PRIZE – YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED
The winner of the first Whistler Independent Book Prize will receive:
- Complete publication services including professional editing, cover design, interior design and layout, proofreading
- Publishing and marketing support for independent publication
- 100 printed copies courtesy of Island Blue/Printorium Bookworks
- Book launch at the 2017 Whistler Writers Festival
February 28, 2017
March 15, 2017*
April 22, 2017
October 11, 2107
*IMPORTANT: if you are selected for the shortlist, your complete manuscript must be delivered no later than March 22, 2017.
HOW TO ENTER
Submission form and full competition details can be found at the Tidewater website.
- authors must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- manuscripts must be original, unpublished works of fiction or non-fiction
- entries must include an excerpt of the manuscript (max 5,000 words) and a synopsis (max 500 words) in Word doc format
EVERY submission will receive a written assessment including valuable critiques and suggestions for developing the manuscript.
The shortlist will be jointly selected by Vivalogue Publishing and Behind the Book. The winning manuscript will be determined by Byrna Barclay and Miji Campbell, winners of the 2016 Whistler Independent Book Awards for fiction and non-fiction respectively.
2017 WHISTLER INDEPENDENT BOOK AWARDS Entries for the 2017 Whistler Independent Book Awards will open on March 1, 2017.