Volunteer with our Festival and Events
Thank you for your interest in joining our Whistler Writers Festival volunteer team!
We couldn’t do it without you.
We have a variety of volunteer roles to choose from, including:
- Ticket Taking
- Stage Manager & Assistant Stage Manager for events
- Driving Authors (you receive mileage and a ticket to one event)
- Zoom Crew for online events
In appreciation of your support, we are offering you the opportunity to join audiences for any events that occur during your volunteer shift(s). We’ll have designated volunteer seats in each venue. This offer excludes food and beverages.
If you’re ready to join our volunteer team, please contact Donna Savage at DSavage@telus.net for more information
The Whistler Writers Festival works to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all participants, and address unsafe situations in a timely and effective manner. Please comply with any posted health and safety rules. Volunteers have the right to refuse any work if they believe there is a hazard to the safety of any person. The volunteer should immediately report the unsafe condition to their Festival supervisor. In case of an emergency, turn to the Festival Manager or the Venue Staff as they will know the plan for such an event, and the staff with First Aid.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make a shift. We can be reached at DSavage@telus.net or Rebecca at 604-698-9597
After 5 p.m. you can park for free in Day Lots 1 – 5, which are close to the Fairmont Chateau, SLCC, Maury Young Arts Centre and the Whistler Public Library. For more information on parking and day rates, visit Daily and monthly parking rates | Resort Municipality of Whistler.
Mileage costs will be reimbursed for volunteers who are driving guest authors. Otherwise, we do not reimburse travel, parking, or parking tickets.
- Oral story submissions should be between two and four minutes long. There is no limit on the number of stories you can submit and it’s free to enter.
- Submissions are accepted in written, audio, or video formats at the link below. Using your phone to record is just fine!
- Click here for the application form
- Application deadline is midnight on September 25
- Oral Storytelling Event applicants are not required to attend the September 14th workshop
- Successful applicants will be notified by September 30
- Whistler Writers Festival Oral Storytelling Event will take place on October 13 at 7pm at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre. Go to www.whistlerwritersfest.com for tickets and event details.